Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Audio Post - Bach, Cello Suite #6, Sarabande - For John Rendeiro



I'd like to post this recording in honor of John Rendeiro, my father-in-law, who died this past Saturday, a month shy of his 79th birthday. He was truly a larger-than-life character to everyone who knew him. He was a self-made man--tireless, curious, fearless, and strong as an ox--who lived his life to the fullest. He loved life. He loved to help people. He loved to work hard. And perhaps most of all, he loved to sit down with family and friends--a plate of food and, of course, a glass of wine for everyone--and share old stories.

I learned a lot from him and I'm a better person for having known him.

The music is the Sarabande from Bach's Cello Suite #6 in D major. I'm playing from Doug Yeo's arrangement.

Copyright 2010, Jeff Lazar. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment